About Us - History & Business Overview
Brief Company Profile
Reliance Broadcast Network Limited is a media and entertainment company with interests in radio, television and television production. The Company houses: 92.7 BIG FM - India's No.1 FM Network with 45 stations, reaching over 4 crore Indians each week; BIG Magic – which has built strong brand equity as a Comedy Channel and is positioned as the one stop destination for humor, with higher affinity in the Hindi heartland; BIG Magic Bihar & Jharkhand – a Channel with local content tailored for the region; BIG Magic International – a channel targeted at the Indian Diaspora in the US and Canada; BIG Thrill – the destination for action entertainment; and BIG Productions – its television content production division.
92.7 BIG FM – India's No.1 FM Network with 45 stations, currently reaching over four crore Indians each week;
BIG MAGIC – BIG MAGIC, India’s first Light Entertainment Channel goes with the tagline Chatpata Har Pal –promising viewers across age groups, an enjoyable and engaging experience with the Channel. The programming mix includes light relationship dramas, rom-coms, side-splitting sitcoms, blockbuster movies and more recently a unique historical comedy. BIG MAGIC has also expanded into the United States, Canada and Australia under the brand name BIG MAGIC INTERNATIONAL
BIG MAGIC BIHAR & JHARKHAND - It is the No.1 regional entertainment channel from Reliance Broadcast Network for the Bihar and Jharkhand region. It is positioned as a general entertainment channel specially designed for the Hindi Heartland featuring an array of exciting content spanning devotional programmes, mythology, pilgrimage, reality shows and weekend Bhojpuri blockbuster movies.
BIG THRILL – A channel targeted at male audiences and positioned as a destination for action entertainment
BIG PRODUCTIONS – the television content production division that caters to the creative needs of the diverse Indian television landscape.
Having built significant and all-inclusive media capabilities, each of these business verticals come together to offer clients a truly integrated media solution.
Through its integrated media sales team, BIG Connect, that serves 1000 + clients each month through 52 offices across the country, RBNL represents one window to the big world of the Reliance Group's 200 million + consumers. The sales team maximizes every opportunity available across the Reliance Group's advertising assets to create unmatched value for advertisers and brand owners.
The reach and spread of the Reliance Group requires no introduction. With business interests that permeate almost every aspect of a consumer's life, the group offers multiple business and consumer touch points across communications, infrastructure, power and entertainment. Reliance Group's media assets across infrastructure, telecommunication, retail, broadcasting, television production and online, form an enviable portfolio that touch the lives of millions of Indians across the country, everyday. This world of consumers offers advertisers multiple touch points to connect with their audience.
92.7 BIG FM India's No. 1 FM Network, adjudged 'Best Radio Broadcaster of the Year’ in 2011, 2012 and 2014, at the Golden Mikes, has, since the launch of its first station in September 2006, expanded at a phenomenal pace, creating history by launching its 45 station network in record time of 18 months. Through its tagline of 'Suno Sunao, Life Banao!’, BIG FM's endeavour is to use the power of radio to not only entertain listeners but also positively influence their lives.
Within a short span of time, through distinctive content and innovative promotion, 92.7 BIG FM has established leadership in the FM space and firmly laid a foundation for an exciting future. With 7 of its stations going retro inclusive of Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata, 92.7 BIG FM took the untrodden path and experienced remarkable success with its ‘Hit Thhe, Hit Rahenge’ positioning and is amongst the top radio stations in respective markets. The station also enjoys leadership in cities where the company has brought in the new wave of private FM which has enabled it to be the most sought after radio network across the country. The brand has taken FM as a medium of entertainment beyond the metros, to virgin markets, offering consumers and advertisers a new experience of this medium of entertainment. Its presence spans 45 cities, 1000 towns, and 50,000 villages, and a weekly reach of over four crore Indians across the country.
BIG MAGIC, India’s Humour Destination goes with the tagline Chatpata Har Pal –promising viewers across age groups, an enjoyable and engaging experience with the Channel. The programming mix includes light relationship dramas, rom-coms, side-splitting sitcoms, blockbuster movies and more recently a unique historical comedy.
- India’s first Historical Comedy, Har Mushkil Ka Hal – Akbar Birbal presents the popular childhood folktales in a fresh comedy avatar featuring Kiku Sharda, Delnaz Irani, Vishal Kotian and Kishwar Merchant.
- Ajab Gajab Ghar Jamai is a hilarious comic caper about the unusual Shaktishaali family follows a unique tradition of bringing home a son-in-law instead of sending the daughter to her sasuraal. While the Shaktishaali household is run by a tough matriarch lovingly called Naniji, there are four jamaais across generations who try their level best to prove their worth to her.
- Raavi is a witty quirky about a little girl whose mother takes a dramatic life decision to disguise her as a boy, due to peculiar circumstances. This initiates an extremely interesting cat and mouse game cleverly handled by little Raavi who plays dual roles dexterously.
- A light-hearted relationship drama, Mahisagar revolves around the life of Mahi, a sweet, carefree small-town girl who is pitted against her politically distinguished mother-in-law, Anusuya Mehta, when she falls for Ansuya’s son Sagar. What follows is an entertaining and light hearted drama of the heart v/s the brain between mother in law and daughter in law, with the son sandwiched in between.
- Nadaniyaan is a dialogue-based situational comedy show that revolves around the lives of the Verma family. A self-proclaimed writer, a ditzy wife and a clumsy younger brother; each with their own unique perspective of life constantly land each other in amusing situations.
BIG MAGIC BIHAR & JHARKHAND
BIG MAGIC BIHAR & JHARKHAND is the No.1 regional entertainment channel from Reliance Broadcast Network for the Bihar and Jharkhand region. It is positioned as a general entertainment channel specially designed for the Hindi Heartland featuring an array of exciting content spanning devotional programmes, mythology, pilgrimage, reality shows and weekend Bhojpuri blockbuster movies.
Along with shows like Police Files, Yatra Express, Bhakti Sagar, Grehnakshatra aur Aap, Rasoi ki Raani, BIG Memsaab, Hindustan ka BIG Star etc. the channel also initiates special programming packages suiting the sensibilities of its regional audience especially during various Hindu festivals. Owing to this the channel has an eclectic mix of special offerings designed around Holi / Phaguwa, Chhat Pooja, Ram Navmi, Janmashtami, Durga Pooja, Kartik Poornima etc.
BIG Thrill is positioned as an action entertainment channel targeted at male audiences between 15-44 years of age. The content for the channel has been acquired from some of the most reputed production houses across the globe, including Fremantle Media & Endemol, etc, along with a library of international action films. Key shows, which feature on the channel, are Fear Factor, Hole In The Wall, WipeOut among others.
This vertical is RBNL's television content production division, which caters to the diverse creative needs of the Indian television landscape. It is well-equipped to create content appealing to all strata of television audiences, spanning different genres ranging from fiction to nonfiction and reality, with a presence in both regional and national markets.
BIG Productions promises to be the broadcaster's gateway to the most compelling fiction and non-fiction-based concepts or reality formats. Its strength lies in creating concepts and formats based on a strong understanding of the broadcaster's needs with a clear focus on the Indian viewer's sensibilities, preferences and insights.
RBNL’s OFFICES, SPREAD ACROSS 52 CITIES OF INDIA:
- Chandigarh, Hissar, Shimla, Ajmer, Kota, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Udaipur, Srinagar, Jammu, Patiala, Jalandhar, Jhansi, Bareily, Aligarh, Amritsar, Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, New Delhi
- Guwahati, Rourkela, Bhubhaneshwar, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Asansol, Kolkata
- Panaji, Sholapur, Gwalior, Bhopal, Indore, Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat, Mumbai
- Pondicherry, Tirupathi, Thurivananthapuram, Vishakhapatman, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mangalore, Mysore
North – 20 cities
East – 7 cities
West – 9 cities
South – 9 cities
In addition, offices in: Ahmedabad, Kochi, Pune, Nagpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana and Jaipur
For more information log on to: www.reliancebroadcast.com