About Us - History & Business Overview
Brief Company Profile
Reliance Broadcast Network is a media and entertainment company with interests in radio, television and television production. The Company houses: 92.7 Big FM - India's No.1 FM Network with 45 stations, reaching over 4 crore Indians each week; Big Magic – which has built strong brand equity as a Comedy Channel and is positioned as the one stop destination for humor, with higher affinity in the Hindi heartland; Big Magic Ganga – the No. 1 regional Channel of Bihar and Jharkhand; Big Magic International – a channel targeted at the Indian Diaspora in the US and Canada; BIG Thrill – the destination for action entertainment; and Big Productions – its television content production division.
92.7 BIG FM – India's No.1 FM Network with 45 stations, currently reaching over four crore Indians each week
BIG MAGIC – is a national channel available across all major distribution platforms allowing for deeper market penetration and audience reach. It is available amongst the top 20 Channels across all platforms. With added support of the Reliance Broadcast Network entities comprising 92.7 BIG FM, BIG MAGIC Ganga, BIG Thrill and BIG Productions, brands are assured BIG exposure with BIG MAGIC.
BIG MAGIC is present in North America under the brand name BIG MAGIC INTERNATIONAL
BIG MAGIC GANGA – Is the No.1 regional entertainment channel from Reliance Broadcast Network for the Bihar and Jharkhand region. It is positioned as a general entertainment channel crafted for the region offering a wholesome family viewing experience with diverse content mix that encompasses a wide slate ranging fiction, crime, reality, music, devotion, movies and mythology.
BIG THRILL – A channel targeted at male audiences and positioned as a destination for action entertainment
BIG PRODUCTIONS– The television content production division that caters to the creative needs of the diverse Indian television landscape.
Having built significant and all-inclusive media capabilities, each of these business verticals come together to offer clients a truly integrated media solution.
Through its integrated media sales team, BIG Connect, that serves 1000 + clients each month through 52 offices across the country, RBN represents one window to the big world of the Reliance Group's 200 million + consumers. The sales team maximizes every opportunity available across the Reliance Group's advertising assets to create unmatched value for advertisers and brand owners.
The reach and spread of the Reliance Group requires no introduction. With business interests that permeate almost every aspect of a consumer's life, the group offers multiple business and consumer touch points across communications, infrastructure, power and entertainment. Reliance Group's media assets across infrastructure, telecommunication, retail, broadcasting, television production and online, form an enviable portfolio that touch the lives of millions of Indians across the country, everyday. This world of consumers offers advertisers multiple touch points to connect with their audience.
92.7 BIG FM India's No. 1 FM Network, adjudged 'Best Radio Broadcaster of the Year’ in 2011, 2012 and 2014, at the Golden Mikes, has, since the launch of its first station in September 2006, expanded at a phenomenal pace, creating history by launching its 45 station network in record time of 18 months. Through its tagline of 'Suno Sunao, Life Banao!’, BIG FM's endeavour is to use the power of radio to not only entertain listeners but also positively influence their lives.
Within a short span of time, through distinctive content and innovative promotion, 92.7 BIG FM has established leadership in the FM space and firmly laid a foundation for an exciting future. With 7 of its stations going retro inclusive of Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata, 92.7 BIG FM took the untrodden path and experienced remarkable success with its ‘Hit Thhe, Hit Rahenge’ positioning and is amongst the top radio stations in respective markets. The station also enjoys leadership in cities where the company has brought in the new wave of private FM which has enabled it to be the most sought after radio network across the country. The brand has taken FM as a medium of entertainment beyond the metros, to virgin markets, offering consumers and advertisers a new experience of this medium of entertainment. Its presence spans 45 cities, 1000 towns, and 50,000 villages, and a weekly reach of over four crore Indians across the country.
BIG MAGIC is a national channel available across all major distribution platforms allowing for deeper market penetration and audience reach. It is available amongst the top 20 Channels across all platforms. With added support of the Reliance Broadcast Network entities comprising 92.7 BIG FM, BIG MAGIC Ganga, BIG Thrill and BIG Productions, brands are assured BIG exposure with BIG MAGIC.
- Tedi Medi Family - Tedi Medi Family is the first-ever remake and language adaptation of the hugely popular primetime U.S comedy-series The Middle. Based on the Warner Bros. Television series created by Eileen Heisler & DeAnn Heline (Murphy Brown, How I Met Your Mother), the 24-part Hindi adaptation is produced as a single-camera comedy and follows the daily commotion of raising a family, in the middle of life. Set in a typical family household in Pune, Tedi Medi Family retains the key characteristics of the show being a humorous and completely over-the-top sitcom with kids.
- Hazir Jawab Birbal - Hazir Jawab Birbal is in line with the new channel positioning of providing comedy based edgy and contemporary content, reaching a young and youthful India. Popular TV personality Gaurav Khanna plays the protagonist, Birbal and Saurabh Raj Jain features as Akbar. A strong central character, Birbal acts as an agent of change as identified with today’s world, targeting outcomes and transparency in governance issues. He is a strong central character who believes in democratic views and rights. Birbal is also Akbar’s biggest ally, critic, friend and philosopher, who encourages and guides him in his decision making.
- Total Nadaniyaan - Set in a new backdrop, the third season of its popular comedy caper Uff! Yeh Nadaniyaan returns as Total Nadaniyaan with new characters and over the top humour. With plenty of amusing situations and quirky characters including a pug called Pug Ghungroo, the show promises Total Madness and Total Pagalpani
- BOYZ - BOYZ is a fresh take on three college friends from varied backgrounds and their daring escapades around fantasies, aspirations and ways to attract the fairer sex, making it hilarious and relatable with the youth of today. The diversity in each character is interestingly layered in comedy giving it a quirky, irreverent and urban touch.
- Pyaar Marriage Ssshhh… - A quirky new show on relationships and male bonding, Pyaar Marriage Ssshhh (PMS) is a fresh take on relationships and male bonding coupled with issues related to life, commitment and marriage. A unique combination of rib tickling moments between three friends who are in three different life stages, the show promises to bring in a high degree of humour with cutting edge, quirky, irreverent, relatable and youthful content. An attempt to discover the truths of marriage, relationship between man – woman and most of all what makes men and women so different, Pyaar Marriage Ssshhh (PMS) revolves around Joy-Misha, Abhi-Madhuri and their single friend Luv. Raising the laughter quotient, talented actors Jiya Shankar, Nikhil Khurana, Devyani Bhatiai, Faisal Rashid and Abhishek Sharma will be seen in lead roles.
BIG MAGIC GANGA:
BIG Magic Ganga is the No.1 regional channel of Bihar, Jharkhand and Purvanchal. With a strong focus on original content, BIG Magic Ganga's programming strategy is built on local insights with a deep cultural connect and has shows pegged on festivities and devotion. It is positioned as a general entertainment channel offering a wholesome family viewing experience with a diverse content mix that encompasses a wide slate ranging fiction, crime, reality, music, devotion, movies and mythology.
Along with shows like Police Files, Yatra Express, Bhakti Sagar, Grehnakshatra aur Aap, Rasoi ki Raani, BIG Memsaab, Hindustan ka BIG Star etc. the channel also initiates special programming packages suiting the sensibilities of its regional audience especially during various Hindu festivals. Owing to this the channel has an eclectic mix of special offerings designed around Holi / Phaguwa, Chhat Pooja, Ram Navmi, Janmashtami, Durga Pooja, Kartik Poornima etc.
BIG Thrill is positioned as an action entertainment channel targeted at male audiences between 15-44 years of age. The content for the channel has been acquired from some of the most reputed production houses across the globe, including Fremantle Media & Endemol, etc, along with a library of international action films. Key shows, which feature on the channel, are Fear Factor, Hole In The Wall, WipeOut among others.
This vertical is RBN's television content production division, which caters to the diverse creative needs of the Indian television landscape. It is well-equipped to create content appealing to all strata of television audiences, spanning different genres ranging from fiction to nonfiction and reality, with a presence in both regional and national markets.
BIG Productions promises to be the broadcaster's gateway to the most compelling fiction and non-fiction-based concepts or reality formats. Its strength lies in creating concepts and formats based on a strong understanding of the broadcaster's needs with a clear focus on the Indian viewer's sensibilities, preferences and insights.
RBN’s OFFICES, SPREAD ACROSS 52 CITIES OF INDIA:
- Chandigarh, Hissar, Shimla, Ajmer, Kota, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Udaipur, Srinagar, Jammu, Patiala, Jalandhar, Jhansi, Bareily, Aligarh, Amritsar, Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, New Delhi
- Guwahati, Rourkela, Bhubhaneshwar, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Asansol, Kolkata
- Panaji, Sholapur, Gwalior, Bhopal, Indore, Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat, Mumbai
- Pondicherry, Tirupathi, Thurivananthapuram, Vishakhapatman, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mangalore, Mysore
North – 20 cities
East – 7 cities
West – 9 cities
South – 9 cities
In addition, offices in: Ahmedabad, Kochi, Pune, Nagpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana and Jaipur
For more information log on to: www.reliancebroadcast.com